Fast Track Accelerator is Back and Bigger than Ever
Applications are now open for the Spring Batch 2017 of Fast Track Malmö’s startup accelerator and this year we’re offering an even greater initial investment. All successful applicant startups will receive a minimum $30,000 with potential for this to rise to $50,000 for at least two participating startups during the 5 months of the program.
Even more than just the greater investment, we are also going to take in 8 startups this time round. That’s 3 more than last year so your chances of gaining access to one of the Nordics biggest accelerators.
Through the four month intensive program, Fast Track Malmö aims to help startups grow their ideas and startups to a position where they are ready to bring their idea to an international level. Fast Track Malmö partners with Minc, Malmö Startups, Invest in Skåne and ALMI to offer the accelerator.
Fast Track Malmö also partners with a group of world class mentors who will help guide the selected startups through the process of developing their ideas and startups. One such mentor is Hampus Jakobsson who is a huge advocate of Malmö as a city for startups.
“Malmö as a startup hub is unique in both Sweden and the rest of the world, as the model is completely built upon both formal and informal co-working between entrepreneurs, the established business community and the city’s various organisations.” Hampus Jakobsson, Mentor at Fast Track Malmö.
On top of the increased initial investment, all successful applicants will have access to:-
- Free Office Space - As a member of Fast Track Malmö, you’ll receive free access to coworking resources designed specifically for tech startups such as free office space, wifi, access to conference rooms, unlimited coffee and much more.
- Great Community - Two of the most vibrant startup communities in the nordics within 30 minutes, Malmo Startups and CPHFTW!
- World Class Mentors - Get the chance to work with some of the best mentors from the startup world.
- Access to Best in Class Tools - A package worth over $250,000 of value in services and credits from companies such as IBM, Amazon, Microsoft & Paypal.
- Demo Day - Practice your pitch at local angel investment events and secure your investment at the Demo Day in front of investors from across Europe.
Last year we received over 250 applications. From the 254 applications received, we had 114 from outside of Sweden with a total of 43 countries being represented. We hope to increase the overall number of applications and keep as high a level of international interest as last year.
“It was great to see that we got so much international interest last year with applications from as far away as Kenya, USA and Jamaica. We hope to have more of the same this year.” Joel Larsson, Managing Director of Fast Track Malmö.
Demo Day is the culmination of the accelerator program where the startups get the chance to pitch to a hand picked group of angel investor with the hope of gaining investment. This is a huge opportunity and was the highlight of last years program.
Applications will remain open until the end of 2016 with the accelerator beginning in January, next year.
If all this sounds interesting to you, head to https://minc.typeform.com/to/mB28Wf and apply. It takes less than 2 minutes.